Saturday 28 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge Week 8

Sarita, one of the most talented crafters around, came up with this weeks challenge for Colour Create using Navy, Lime and Turquoise, with the little extra being that you do not use any designed background, rather make your own - something she is superb at (check out her blog here)

These colours cried out peacock for me so I set about making a background card using my favourite technique, stamping with versamark the brushing over with cosmic shimmer pigment powder.
The peacock feather stamp is a dimension fourth stamp. The large circle pattern, an
inkadinkadoo noteworthy stamp, was stamped onto lime card and embossed with moonglow midnight violet obsidian.
The smaller circle, a papermania stamp was stamped onto paper I made using silk painting dye and cosmic shimmer sprayed
and dried. All finished off with turquoise mirror card a few gems and a dangly hanging in the middle. Unfortunately, as the card has a very deep shine, the photo doesn't do it justice but you could try this for yourself, even if you don't have any pigment powders. I've used very shiny eyeshadow powder before now and been really pleased with the results.

Must go to bed now, going to papercraft extravaganza at Harrogate tomorrow and won't get up if I stay awake much longer.

Have a good weekend
x x Michelle

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Truly stunning card. yes the peacocks feathers do work so well with this card.

Sure you will have alot of crafters ooooing and arhhhh ing with your demos. your cards are stunning, and this one no exception x

Lexxie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! This is pick-me-up-off-the-floor beautiful Michelle!
You have used one of my absolute favourite techniques, using versamark with cosmic shimmer powders.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments, your creations are amazing too.
PS: I'm a numptie I forgot to answer your question about my vase stamp. I inked my stamp with a cat's eye in lime pastel, and then used a black tombow pen (although any brush marker would do)to brush the stems with black-really easy!
Well I absolutely adore your card, it is so striking,
Love Sarita xx

Chris said...

A fabulous card Michelle, I agree with you about the colours suggesting the peacock feather, wish I'd thought of that LOL! I love the technique you used with the versamark and shimmer powder and the effect looks wonderful. Have a great weekend. Chris xx

PatR said...

Lovely card and love the techniques you've used.

Pat xx