Tuesday 2 June 2009

Tuesday Taggers - Week 3

Well we're into our third week of our challenge and all is good, in fact all is amazing! Amazing entries, amazing interest and amazing fun looking at everyone's work!

The challenge for this week is to Alter a clothing label - any sort of label - card, plastic, chipboard, large, small - make it into something gorgeous! Ink it paint it, cover it with paper in fact alter any kind of label, in any way you want. Now this was a great challenge, allowed me to really experiment with allsorts of different stash.


This tag was from a pair of walking boots I bought a few months ago (I wouldn't recomend them, they are worth what I paid for them - very little!)
I painted the tag with a dry brush and acrylic paint then used a body art stencil (I do body art along with nails) with black
ink to do the first layer of the background then stamped the text and the clocks

The big clocks were stamped onto card and embossed with black then coloured with distress inks to match the background. There is a bit of distress embossing powder on there too. The large brad was stamped with stazon and the little dragon thingy is an image off the back of a commercial card (cut up long ago) which I have emphasised with a Tim Holtz fragment.


The recipe then
Paint - Anita's acrylic
Stamps - Ilusive Images - Spesnostrae
Inks - Memories, Tim Holtz
Metalwork - Stash
Fragments - Tim Hotz

Hope you'll come and play at ours we have had a lot of fun with this one, have a look at the DT's work over at Tuesday Taggers. I'm staggered at the variety of styles and looking forward to seeing what other ideas there are out there! The winner gets to be a guest designer on one of our challenges, so why not add your talent to the creative pot!

Back Soon






5 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, well done Michelle, what an amazing transformation, you are so clever I wouldn't know where to start :) Donna x

lisa said...

Thes are great Michelle. A great bit of recycling. I love everything about them from the clocks, the colours and that little dragon. What a talent!

Lisax

Lexxie said...

Absolutely stunning Michelle, really love the techniques you've used and beautifully embellished. Ooh I just love it!
Love Sarita xx
PS: Thanks for the heads up on the Tuesday taggers tutorial I will keep my eyes peeled!

Nicki said...

these are WOW! have looked at lots on your blog and you have some totally gorgeous creations!
Nicki
x

Isabelle Norris said...

These just leave me....... speechless!! totally STUNNING !! isax