Monday 28 September 2009

Been fiddling!

Hi All
Been having a play with the cuttlebug and coke cans and experimenting with making my own alcohol inks, and had a whale of a time making my fingers very mucky!!


You know how much I like stampin up ink pads, I have the full colour range, for which you can get reinkers so now use the matched card and ink pad but fancied having a go with coke cans and alcohol inks so I bought a Tim Holtz alcohol ink to see what form of alcohol they use and after a bit of research found that the nail sanitiser which I use for my day job as a nail technician is basically the same stuff and at 1 litre for a few quid just had to have a go. Have mixed in silk painting dye, TH reinkers, SU reinkers and added cosmic shimmer powder and it all works brilliantly, just add more ink for a stronger colour. The nail santiser also acts as a blender although a slightly different alcohol would perhaps work better - needs a little more experimentation. I have little 10ml dropper bottles to put the alcohol inks in and dispense a drop at a time onto my felt.

So armed with my inks, a few coke cans and cuttlebug this is what I dun!

Off to play some more.

x Michelle

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful card. The coke can "bit" is so cool. and the colours of cause are fabby. Adoring the colours, so soft!

lisa said...

Hi Michelle. I love to hear what you've been up too. This sounds right up my street, making your own stuff. My hubby is a chemist and he's always reading the lables of my sprays and inks to see if we can make them ourselves. I love the colours you've used on this card, they remind me of a Summers day and cuttlebugging cans is an idea I've got stored up to try. It sounds like you've had a perfect time with fantastic results.

Lisax

Sally H said...

That is so beautiful! I love those lavender/ lilac colours and your ink making sounds great fun! As a nail technician I presume you have tried floating clear nail varnish on warm water and catching it on black card? Sally x