Friday 25 September 2009

DU2DS Die Cuts and Punches

Done it! got the right challenge completed and posted on the right day!!! A major miracle at the mo. Am having to put all the challenges in the tasks bit on my blueberry / blackberry/ strawberry thing so that I remember to do them. I havn't been able to function without my electronic brain for years but it comes to something when I need reminding to do things I love doing.

Ha I've just diagnosed the affliction - it's DTC syndrome! Dont touch Chocolate!! I havn't had a single square of chocolate for weeks now and this is the result! Must eat some chocolate!!!!!!!!!!

Not a square in the house will have to carry on showing you my DT card for DU2DS. Die cuts and punches, well, after finding this fantastic new digi stamps in Christines shop the die cuts just had to be leaves. Isn't the sketch superb? and all for an amazing 99p from Sketching Stamper.


I made the paper for the leaves by spraying my version of glimmer mist on some fairly heavy card using autumn colours the downloaded some clip art of autumn leaves which provided the shape for me to cut on my brilliant Robo Crop. The veins were marked with a ball tool then ballooned a bit from the back then all was mounted on some Crafty Individuals 6x6. Just a touch of glossy accents on the eyes and nose and all was done ........until I remembererd the new toy I bought at the Craft Extravaganza in Harrogate and added the wam wishes using my hot foil pen - love it love it love it!!!!

Thanks for a great image and a great challenge at DU2DS this week girls, had a brill time with this one!

Happy Crafting Folks

x Michelle

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Absolutely stunning Michelle, I love the leaves you have made and the hedgehog looks so life like, the colours you have used are so rich and Autumnal, Hey I saw those hot foil guns when I was at Harrogate earlier in the year but would not shell out for one lol, they are fab though

Sandra said...

Fabulous card. Your leaves look so real I can almost smell the autumnal scent on them.
Thrilled you enjoyed this weeks challenge and thank you for your kind comments on my blog, always appreciated:o)
Have a lovely weekend.
Sandra x

Chris said...

This is the most amazing card Michelle!!!! You've made that hedgehog come to life and put him in the most perfect surroundings too. I'm so glad you like the image, after all it was you who inspired me to draw it. Love your hot foil thingy, what a great way to do the sentiments, no , I must not look for one :)

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card Michelle! Love how you coloured the hedgie! So stunning!

Hugs,
Larissa

debby4000 said...

Oh this is stunning, beautiful Hedgie and love those leaves.
luv
Debby

Isabelle Norris said...

He is SOOOO cute!! love your colouring!
isax

lisa said...

Love your Hedgie Michelle and those leaves are inspired.
Must be something in the air, I'm a take it or leave it kind of chocolate girl but I've just needed it so badly lately. Two dairy milk bars have disappreared in the last two weeks. This has got to stop!!!! I'll have to send any I find in the fridge to you!
Have a great weekend.

Lisax

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Michele, this lil hedgie is sooo cute, love how you have done the flowers :) Donna x