Tuesday 16 March 2010

Tuesday Taggers - Clowning Around

Well strictly speaking the theme for this week is Clowns, Jesters and Masquerade, any or all of them, depends how the fancy takes you. We have our lovely Avril to thank for this theme and she ain't alf challenged us but as always the Tuesday Taggers DT have delivered the goods big style. Have a look Here.

I decided to go for the masquerade bit of the challenge as it reminded me of a Moth Ball that my son performed in a couple of years ago at the stage school he is attending. All the actors wore moth masks which were painted like real life moths.  

Now I love moths and all things creepy crawly but I thought I'd spare you a cringe or two and make butterfly masks instead.



I created the butterfly on my robot crop by downloading a picture of a butterfly and converting it to a cutting file then adding the eye pieces to the design and cutting it out of black card.  The background paper I made using      Starburst Stains Spray Bottles - Icicle Creek from The Stamp Man, They leave the paper beautifully coloured and shimmery and I just love em!  

A quick spray of glue to the back of the mask to stick it to the paper and a quick trim with the scissors and my masquerade was almost over.
The flowers were leftover from other projects but were all made with my Robot Crop templates and I thought they'd look ok on here.  All I had to do to finish was to add the wire and beading to make the antenae and my mask was complete.

The DT have made alsorts of wonderful samples again, some more challenging than others. We hope you'll rise to the occasion and have a go. Your entry can be as simple or as complex as you like - we love seeing how you respond to the challenge and it's been wonderful to visit your blogs to see your amazing efforts.

Hoping to see you over there

x Michelle

13 comments:

craftimamma said...

Very clever and quite beautiful too Michelle!

Lesley Xx

Teri said...

This is really gorgeous!! Loooove the butterfly and its colours. . . really yummy!
Hugs,
Teri xx

PatR said...

I absolutely adore this Michelle. I love butterflys and this one is totally gorgeous. The colours are fabulous.
Hugs, Pat xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous x Love the way you have used jills stains too - you are one clever gal!

Fiona said...

This is so striking Michelle. How clever to create the butterfly yourself! Love the starburst stains, the colours are SO vibrant.

Fiona x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow! it's stunning! I love the striking colours and the gorgeous embellishments!

Lynne K said...

Wow, Michelle, this is just wonderful! The vivid colours & embellishments are gorgeous. Absolutely fabulous!

Sandra said...

This is truly spectacular Michelle!
Love it.
Sandra xx

Unknown said...

this butterfly is fantastic as a mask, wonderful idea!!
thanks for sharing
michele

Zoechaos said...

Gosh fabulous idea love the colours and the whole idea. So pleased the card etc turned up OK of course if I'd known.......

Unknown said...

Glad you went for butterflys (I have a phobia of moths eww) it's got stunning colours and so pretty I am really pleased I got to play with you all this week thanx

Love Dawn xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colours. Never thought of a butterfly mask
hugs
Ildiko

Sally H said...

Wow, wow, wow! Totally stunning! I love it x