Saturday 2 April 2011

It's all happening at The Stampman!

Lovin Ink are running an alcohol ink technique workshop next week at The Stampman so I thought I'd give you a quick preview of some of the techniques we've developed and are going to share


This is the first and favorite of the techniques as it feels so organic.  These are fragments, painted with the inks, using the property of the ink to create the pattern.


This is a version of the technique demonstrated in craft stamper a couple of months ago, I've loved playing with this one, a great way to make embelishments to match stamped images.




These style stone have been stamped on and then painted with alcohol inks to give a permanent finish. Great for feature beads on jewelery.

If you fancy having a go at these and other techniques do come and join us at our next workshop. The details and booking info can be found here


Saturday 9th April 2011
At The Stamp Man - Skipton
We will be playing with alcohol inks to make some home decor and a couple of cards.
It runs from 10am to 3pm
The cost for the day is £20 
Hope to see you there


I'm a little late for The Stampman ATC Swap so I made a couple of quicky ATC's to post along with this 




I've used these stamps so much over the years and still keep going back to them they are so useful for so many different looks. They are of course the Habico Chinese Flowers and Symbols and at less than £6 an absolute bargain!  If you like working in miniature take a look at the DT samples for this week, they're amazing!  

6 comments:

Angela Weimer said...

Wish I could make the workshop but we have plans in cambridge that day. Maybe the next one. Love the ATC's. I have that set and love it, especially the flying crane. Have a great weekend. Angela

craftimamma said...

Oooh, wish I could make it too Michelle. I love alcohol inks and would love to expand my knowledge of their uses. These samples are beautiful and I'm sure everyone is going to have a fab time.

I love the ATCs too. Such beautiful colours and imagery.

Thanks for you kind comment on my blog earlier. You know how much I appreciate your thoughts. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lisa said...

Your ATC's are stunning Michelle. I love these Habico stamps too and must say I looked at them for my ATC but couldn't think how to use them. I have lots of ideas now!!!
Your workshop sounds really good, it's just a pity it's a Saturday, I don't think I can desert the family again so soon after Harrogate!!
Hugs Lisax

Unknown said...

Gorgeous as ever my friend x

Netty said...

Loving the fragments and stones, such great looks on all of them. The ATCs are fabulous. Have a great weekend. Annette x

Larisa said...

they are cute! Do you swap them?