Tuesday 31 May 2011

Altered Dreams with Try it on Tuesday

The lovely Georgina gave me a wooden 'dream' alterable a while ago and when she chose this as the theme for the alter it week I knew I just had to use it. Having painted, stamped and generally battered it about a bit I decided to mount it on a bit of garden lawn edging which Janet laughed at me for buying some weeks ago.



The flowers are coke cans, cut with the tattered floral die, run through in a few cuttlebug folders and then painted with paint dabbers before being rubbed down with emery paper.  After jumping on these a few times and battering them around a bit (can you tell I've been a little stressed lately?) they were ready to go on the plaque. And there you have it!  I'm going to hang this in my garden. I've been doing a bit more gardening lately, having suddenly renewed my love of it.  

Thought I'd show you a little corner...


There arn't many flowers in the garden but I love all the shades of green and red especially in this light


And here's another little corner


Complete with Pij who's now flying jubilantly all over the place. He takes off for an hour or so at a time then comes back to the garden for something to eat. If Alan goes out, bird hops straight onto his shoulders. And how's about this for intelligence?  If we shut the window on him. he flies round the house till he finds a window or door open!  compared with the cat who goes to the door and if it's raining goes to another door to see if it's raining too, I think this demonstrates advanced reasoning!!!!

Well more advanced than mine has been this week anyway!

Make sure you pop over to see us at TioT and if you fancy altering dreams there's a fabulous 
£15 prize sponsored from 

Have a great week
x Michelle

4 comments:

nicky said...

Great revamp item , but I get the link to open in the tiot blog just shows the scrapling one , just wondered if there was a prob with the blog or me .
Nicky

lisa said...

I have this wonderful vision of you jumping up and down on coke cans and then madly winding them through the cuttlebug like something demented, Michelle, but you are so calm I know it isn't true. Your hanger is a beauty and something we should all do!
I've enlared your garden to have a proper nosey. It looks a very tranquil space with some lovely plants. Is that an acer in the pot?
Pij looks very happy to be outdoors but it sounds like he knows where home is.
We saw a woodpecker today, a first for all of us.
Hope all is good with you.
Hugs Lisax

georgina said...

I am often rendered speechless by you and your antics Michelle and this is one of those times,Pij looks so regal, what a great job you did with him....oh!!! and the work of arts not bad either lllol, luv Georginaxxx

craftimamma said...

I'mn trying once again to post a comment Michelle. I've not been able to keep up with my fave blogs at all this week because of my 'lodger' lol, so I've only just seen this fab little hanging. Lovely flowers and more so if they helped reduce your stress levels, Ha! Ha! I must try the technique sometime ........... soon I think, lol!

Thanks for sharing the pics of your gorgeous garden and Pij.

Hugs
Lesley Xx