Tuesday 26 July 2011

Try it on Tuesday - Present your Presents!

That amazing team at TioT have been at it again, this week with another alter it challenge. This time we can alter anything but it must be a present for someone. Now that's a bit tricky cos the person who will receive this will be  reading my blog so I'll have to be careful not to let the cat out of the bag!


The hangy gate thing was (dare I tell you?) a poundland special with a twee little flower on it and all I've done is remove the original flower and replaced it with a far more classy variety, in the shape of the papermania build a flower carnations.  The blue tit is of course a Joanna Sheen one which I have put together using shaped decoupage to give it a rounded decoupaged effect. It looks more realistic than ordinary decoupage don't you think? All have been watercoloured using TH Distress inks - must try harder is all I can say about that but I'm reasonably satisfied!

Do come and join us with this challenge, it's great when a few of you pluck up the courage to alter something. Makes what we do worthwhile, and of course a little tempter this week is the £15 prize from our alter it week sponsor


Have fun Y'all
x Michelle

13 comments:

georgina said...

Never mind resonably happy with it, it,s fabulous my friend,luv Georginaxx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Its so pretty!

craftimamma said...

Well, if my watercolouring were half as good I would be highly delighted. This is really pretty Michelle and my Mum would love it because of the lovely bluetit.

We recently had a second and much bigger Poundland store open here and I love to have a good ferret round to see what I can pick up, especially their photo frames.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Fiona said...

Your hangy gate is brilliant Michelle, you always find such great bargains in Poundland. Fantastic colouring btw.

Unknown said...

This is fab my friend I have loved watching it evolve - wonder what our retreat buddies will do with theirs!

Meggymay said...

Love your distressed fence, the flowers are beautiful, its a Fab hanging Yvonne x

Cazro said...

It's fabulous, now when can I next get to Poundland? Caz

PatR said...

Love it Michelle. It's amazing what you can find in Poundland isn't it?xx

Angela Weimer said...

Michelle, This is stunning. Love those flowers and the bird. Fab. Hope all is going well. Looking forward to Sat. Have a great day. Angela

Miss Emerald said...

It is so wonderful! It seems so real and creates a feeling of comfort! Congratulations!

Christine B. said...

This is lovely Michelle so pretty. I know were I'm off to on Saturday for a mooch round. Hugs x ChrisB

Anne said...

Hi Michelle, hope you have recovered from your weekend. I think we all had a great time and thanks for making it a weekend to remember. I was inspired by all the stuff you did and just wish I could find some more hours in the day. Cheers Anne
PS I love the hangy gate thing - something else to look our for on my shopping trips!

Lizzybobs said...

Gorgeous ((HUGS)))