Tuesday 18 October 2011

Flying High!

It's Try it on Tuesday day again, no sooner have I got one challenge sorted, the next one comes round, this on with the anything goes theme of
Taking to the Skies

I've been away in South Shields this weekend, visiting my oldest son and spent the weekend on the beach in the sunshine.  It was wonderful to watch the cormorants, shags and seagulls swooping over the sea, so peaceful in fact, that I snook back to the sea after dinner and spent a most wonderful hour alone just sitting on the sand watching the waves and the setting sun. 


Oh how soothing for the soul!

When I got back to the caravan I finished off an ATC which I started quite a a while ago but wanted to capture the mood of the evening with it


What do you think? Has it worked?

The sea is the result of my first foray into using napkins to provide some of the artwork and is actually an upside down image of snow, and the birds are a combination of crafty individuals and TH stamps with the bottom three decoupaged to give a little depth.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out and it will always be a reminder of a special weekend spent with my firstborn after years of having to keep him at a distance because of his addiction.  I may not have many more of these moments with him as he is now extremely ill with life threatening complications from Crohn's disease, but this is one weekend I will treasure.

I hope you all find a way to feel the peace I have enjoyed this weekend, watching the sea birds Take to the Skies.

Gentle Wishes
x Michelle

14 comments:

Fiona said...

Glad to hear you had a special time with your son this weekend. Fab ATC and photo Michelle.

Artyjen said...

It works beautifully and the story behind it brings it to life even more :)
xoxo Sioux

craftimamma said...

Beautiful photo, beautiful ATC, beautiful weekend from a beautiful lady!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lisa said...

What a special post by a special lady. I feel really moved. The sea is so calming isn't it. If I didn't live in a beautiful place already I'd be beside the sea.
Your ATC seems to capture your mood perfectly. I can almost hear the waves.
I'm glad you had a special weekend, Michelle.
Love and special hugs
Lisax

Angela Weimer said...

Glad you are enjoying the time with your son. Your ATC is stunningly beautiful. I was wondering what stamp or such the birds were. They look like they are from one piece. Love it. Enjoy your precious time with your son. We cannot go back and change the past but we can make the best of the present creating lasting memories for the future. Hugs. Angela

Cazro said...

I loved your ATC on first sight, but now it has a more special meaning. Sending lots of love. Caz

Bee and Dee said...

Love The ATC glad you had a good weekend Hugs bee

Cath Wilson said...

It's beautiful, Michelle. I really sympathise re your son - my firstborn has been hard work, too (alcoholic) and it's been heartbreaking to not be able to reach out and help. I hope and pray that the memories of this weekend will remain with you as a precious reminder. I'm so sorry he's so ill. My heart goes out to you. Cath x

Meggymay said...

Your tag has captured the picture of the sea perfectly. I hope you have many happy memories to store away for the furure. hugs Yvonne x

PatR said...

Michelle so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time away with your son and that you found the peace and serenity by the sea. Your ATC certainly does capture this and is beautiful. Big hugs xxxx

georgina said...

You so needed that time Michelle to let go of the not so good memories and make new wonderful ones for you and and him, luv Georginax

Unknown said...

So so glad you were able to grasp this special time with him - where did that little lad who came in to the lounge at Kirkcudbright claiming his friends had made him get his hair cut go to - (((hugs))) to you all

melody said...

what a stunning ATC chickie! you definitely captured the mood! wow! beautiful work!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Yes, it worked. Fantastic piece.