Friday 7 October 2011

Got my finger out at last!

And sorted out a design for The Stampman Challenge which this time is based on CIRCLES as the theme.


I was hopping around in blogland recently and came across the Hero Arts Blog Challenge which also involves circles, and as The Stampman has a fabulous range of Hero Art Stamps, that was the decision made! I could create a design from the Hero Arts sketch, enter it into their challenge AND advertise The Stampmans stock too.

Arn't I a smarty pants?????

It's a very simple card with circles cut using the woodware punches with a small flower from the Hero Arts Blossom Art Set.  The flowers were stamped onto patterned paper with versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder then inked with Adirondak inks to bring out the design.  This is a great way to use the negative flower stamps from the range, particularly some of the flower scene stamps.

I got so carried away with the stamp set that before I knew it I had made another card by creating a masterboard and stamping a large flower from the set



'Twas fun getting stuck in again and being absorbed for so long (this was finished at about 3am) Note to self - I don't HAVE to use all the scraps straight away. That makes for a very long night!

Why don't you head over to The Stampman Shop and have a gander at the smashin stamps they have on offer there, you could enter both challenges, and there are great prizes to be had too.

Don't stay up too late though - not good for the concentration!

x Michelle

5 comments:

Denise said...

Two totally gorgeous card Michelle - I tend to craft well into the night too!!
Denise xx

Yvonne said...

Just adore the first one.. you are a smarty pants! ;)
The mirror card behind the wonderful flowers, reall make this design POP!
The second one, so , so pretty.Fantastic colours too!
I hope to be around more ... Like you seem not to have much time to me!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous cards Michelle, love them both.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

lisa said...

Those circles certainly wake you up, Michelle, they are really bright and fun. I love your second card too, the colours on that one are lovely.
Thank you for your lovely comments, I do so enjoy hearing from you. I love my butterfly stool and sit on it everyday so couldn't bring myself to changing it but may have to look out for another one to fusion. I have a box full of things I plan to fusion for Xmas gifts though. I'm taking a leaf out of your book this year and making things for folks.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Lisax
F says hello with a big hug just for you too.

craftimamma said...

What lovely cheerful cards Michelle. They would both brighten anyone's day they are so pretty.

I'm another one who seems to get on a roll just before midnight and then suddenly 3 hours have disappeared and I have to sneak into bed without disturbing Hubby or I get a ticking off for staying up till stupid o'clock, lol!

I love getting your chatty comments too. They are always a bright spot in my day.

Hugs
Lesley Xx