Saturday 13 June 2009

Dragon's Dream Tag it On

Tag it on have a lovely challenge this week - Treasure, and it's been a week I needed my friends around. Been feeling really grotty and been struggling with my son dumping me for his Fiance (almost empty nest syndrome!!) and my friends Elaine and Janet have been on the receiving end of my moans and groans. To say thankyou I thought I'd make them a little something so this is for Janet who is a very treasured friend. And complete a challenge while I was at it!

I sculpted the pot of gold using a technique I found in a book called paper sculpting, I picked up for £1 in the local Yorkshire trading company, then filled it with treasure!


The background is Tom Holtz distress inks stamped with stampin up friends background, then a CDee's scroll stamped in Momento Rich Cocoa and the Text is from the same stamp set. So a pot of treasure for a treasured friend!

11 comments:

jo-in-oz said...

Absolutely gorgeous tag Michelle, so unusual. I hope you're feeling better now, big ((hugs)). Love JO x

Yvonne said...

This is amazing!
Just love the details on this Tag. And of cause the fab pot of gold .. how much fun was that to do.
And i am sure Janet will "treasure" it too.

Debbie Dolphin said...

oh wow michelle this is amazing.Janet is a lucky lady.I love your pot of treasure
debbie xx

Nicki said...

this is absolutely gorgeous!
Nicki
x

Unknown said...

Oh Wow Michelle I am speachless. This is utterley amazing and I feel so special that you have made if for me x It is a pleasure to be your friend as it is always a two way relationship and you are just as suppportive, kind and generous to me. Love you to bits my friend and this very special treasure you have made for mexx Loadsalove xx Janet

Isabelle Norris said...

This is STUNNING Michelle!!!
isa xx

barbara (AKA Bee) said...

What a gorgeous tag for a lovely friend. I'm really sorry to hear you have been feeling a bit down about the changes going on in your life, it's really ironic that we spend so much energy on helping our children grow up to be independent and make their own choices,in the hope and expectation that they will leave home and make their own mark on the world and then we really rather wish that they wouldn't go but stay with us, as they have grown into people that we like to have around.
look forward to seeing you soon.

Karen said...

Awe I understand exactly how you feel hon! When my daughter left home I was bereft but I got used to it & now when she comes to visit we have such a good time haha

Your tag is just gorgeous, your little pot of treasure is inspiriational! X

lisa said...

What a stunning tag Michelle, it is so unusual and to give it to your friend too, now that is treasure!!!!
Sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit down. Have a hug from me!

Lisax

Dragon said...

Oh Michelle this is so special... what a lucky lady she will be to receive it too... I love everything about it!!
Frankie
xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This tag is incredible, Michelle! I'm speechless too.