Friday 22 April 2011

New Challenge at The Stampman

I've not been a very good Design Team Member for The Stampman, for a couple of months, failing miserably to remember to make samples and post the challenges so I'm trying to make up for it this week with the new challenge of 

Resist!

Now that doesn't mean to resist the impulse to buy more stamps - wash you mouth out! more the technique of using a medium to resist ink like this


Isn't it effective?  For this card all I did was to stamp the Hero Arts Bluebell silhouette stamp with versamark onto patterned paper, and then emboss with clear embossing powder and when cool inked the image over with TH Distress ink Peeled Paint and that was it. It's a really quick and easy way to produce a lovely card. This stamp is so lovely, I didn't want to detract from it with any other embellishment so mat and layered it and left it at that.

Here's a couple more samples using the same technique



This is another Hero Arts Stamp this time coloured with Fired Brick


This time I coloured the leaves with green ink and the flowers with blue. 

A quick polish off with kitchen roll really makes the image pop after you have coloured it.

I didn't know there were so many ways to use resist until I saw the wonderful samples by the DT
Do go over and say hi and maybe join in with the huge following we have already over at


See you there?
x Michelle

7 comments:

The Sparkly Fairy said...

These are so pretty x

Joan said...

Michelle, these are just fabulous,now I need the stamps !!!

lisa said...

These are gorgeous, Michelle. I haven't tried it with patterned paper, another one to add to the ever growing list of "to try one day"!! Your bluebells are beautiful.
It was so lovely to see you both the other day and I could have sent you off with some seedlings, I never thought at the time. Will try and pop over with some, I have plenty spare!!
Enjoy your Easter weekend and don't spend all the time inside crafting.
Hugs Lisax

Netty said...

Terrific examples, Annette x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Michelle, the stamps are gorgeous ! Sue C x

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Michelle.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

These are beautiful Michelle, this technique really does let the stamps speak for themselves. Your cards are perfect x