Tuesday 12 September 2017

Guilty!

Yep I really am! Guilty of buying stamps which have languished in my stash for over 4 years without being used. In truth I don't know how 4 years have passed without my being aware of them but that's another story. I'm here and present now so that's what matters, and I'm rooting out all those stamps which haven't seen light of day for so long, like these little lavinias.

It's been a weird sort of journey this return to crafting, I seem to have lost confidence and ideas, so have been trawling Pintrest to find inspiration. These cards are similar to some I saw on the Lavinia pintrest page. I have been finding creations I admire, working out the techniques used this o make them and then trying to create something using those techniques. (Ever the technique junkie!)

There are many stunning cards using torn paper stencilling for snow and a touch of colour behind the full moon so I thought I'd have a go.



Quite pleased with the results.

The stamps used to create these cards have definitely not been languishing though. These have snuck through my letter box, scampered onto my desk and into my inky fingers almost before the postie has had chance to get them out of his bag. This one I'm particularly pleased with

I've used the same techniques that I've shown you in previous posts, inspired by Mimi, but instead of using distress inks to watercolour, I've used Moon Shadow Inks which were given to me by the lovely peeps at The Stamp Man. Now these had been languishing in my cupboard for many more than four years and some had dried up but adding water and shaking vigorously soon had them back to their brilliantly shiny selves and I love the effect of the glittery dye ink.

I've used the Moon shadow inks on these cards too.



I had a play with distress oxide backgrounds, splodging the ink pad onto craft mat, spraying with water then dipping my card, again reminded of this technique by watching demos on You Tube (gonna have to remember to link these) . I stamped over the backgrounds  with Bundled sage ink using a stamping up script stamp then stamped my Penny Black image with memento grey ink. A quick lick with the Moon Shadow inks left me smiling.

One thing I have learned in the last few years - art doesn't have to be perfect to give pleasure, either in the creating of it or in the enjoyment of looking at it. So here are my very imperfect cards which have given immense pleasure in the creating of them. Thanks so much to all you fellow crafters who post your wonderful inspiration on social media. You've led me to rekindle my love of art techniques and encouraged the confidence for me to take a technique and try it with different media. Loving the journey!

X Michelle

4 comments:

craftimamma said...

These are all beautiful Michelle. I too have some Moon Shadow inks from The Stamp Man from waaaayyyy back when. They are so pretty and you've used them beautifully.

I love the scenic cards you created and what a wonderful result you got with the moon. I have a similar moon stamp but have yet to use it with any degree of success. I must keep practising.

Husband
Lesley Xx

georgina said...

Love them Michelle, lost none of your talent eh ? X

lisa said...

It's so lovely to see your creations again, Michelle. I love the Lavinia ones. I'm going to have to pick your brain over that moon, it's stunning.
The moon shadow ink works brilliantly on those stamps doesn't it, no wonder you are pleased with the results. I might have some of those in a cupboard somewhere, I'll have to have a rootle about.
Will be in touch
Hugs Lisa xx

AppleApricot Wen said...

Hello Michelle, thank you so much for your sweet message on my blog :) Your cards here are truly gorgeous. I love the techniques you used, pinterest and youtube are such wonderful inspiring places for that, don't you think? I too get so much inspiration from it, just have to remind me not to linger too long and get some work done, lol. And you're so right, our creations don't have to be perfect at all to bring us and/or others joy. It's the love and pleasure you put into them what counts I think. Wishing you a beautiful day, xx Wen from AppleApricot