Thursday 7 September 2017

Michelle a la Mimi

Ok, ok, I did it!! I confess! I've been and gone and bought more stamps! You know those Penny Black stamps that Mimi demonstrates so beautifully on Facebook, well I just needed them soooooo badly! I've followed Mimi's most amazing tutorials here and finally think I may have created something that is passable. (You should see how many are in the bin!) 






I've used distress inks and distress pens to ink up the stamps then pretty much copied Mimi's water colouring techniques, she makes it look so easy! I think the secret is not to overwork with the brush, but try as I might I haven't quite got the 'watercolour' technique just right. Still as I often say to Liam, "practice makes perfect" I do so hope that's true!

It's been a special day today, after many moons hiding away from the world, I had lunch out with a friend and fellow crafter. What a joy to spend time with someone who's company is so enjoyable. Thanks Lisa X

Hope you're all managing to enjoy your days, despite the weather, it's perfect weather for crafting!

X Michelle


5 comments:

Joyce said...

I absolutely adore your cards .... so much so that I clicked on to " buy my work here " but the link doesn't seem to be working. The flower one is like very and do are the birds. Superb ! Let me know when you've some to sell xxx

Joyce said...

That has come out wrong .... it should say " the flower one is beautiful and so are the birds "
Sorry .... must need to change my specs! Top and bottom of it is .... I loved them both ! xx

craftimamma said...

Hi Michelle. Like most crafters you always have been super critical of your beautiful work. Personally I can only see you have lost none of your skill and talent! These cards are stunning and I love all the classic white space on the first one.

So nice to see you had the opportunitype for a lunch treat with Lisa.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

lisa said...

Hi Michelle
It was a lovely day and I so enjoyed catching up with you. Here's to more play days.
All your cards are beautiful. We are so self critical aren't we, but I'd be delighted to have produced these. This is a technique I'm definitely going to explore.
Hope you enjoy the weekend whatever you are up too.
See you soon
Hugs Lisa xx

Virginia said...

Beautiful as always hun!