Friday 1 February 2013

Another Christmas Gift

One gift I made as a Christmas present pleased me no end!
I've been playing with the idea of magic lanterns for a while now and have a few plans for different ones but this is one I made for my brother who's really into astronomy

I made the light box using a tea light inside the box and made the slides to fit. The star charts are pics off the Internet and I've punched holes for each star in the constellation.

Really thrilled with the way it turned out and can't wait to make another with different slides in it!

Isn't it great when something you want to do works ?

Hope you've had a good week

X Michelle

3 comments:

Anne said...

Great box Michelle and a very well thought out gift. I bet your brother was thrilled. Cheers Anne

lisa said...

Hi Michelle
I was thrilled to catch up with you today, it was such a lovely surprise. It's been too long but you are looking so well. I hope all your ladies enjoyed their makes.
I love your stunning gift and I bet your Brother was delighted with it, it's such a clever idea.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Vee Cassidy said...

That is a wonderful creation I just love it and so thoughtful for the recipient. Vee xx